• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Too much money goes to cell phone bills!!

I know what you mean! I'm already on the myfav300 plan, and am considering switching to just 300 min plan (no myfav) to save a little bit, because I don't talk very often on it and 300 min would probably be enough. It would be awesome if a developer would create a VOIP app so that I could get rid of voice all together and just pay $25-$35 for data and text and make all my call through the data. I would be willing to pay for an app like that being the money I would save in the long run. (I would want a garantee that t-mo wouldn't come in and shutdown the app though.)

Upvote 0
It was last Christmas/New Years and i was in South Africa. I had a Nokia N80 which is a 3g phone but i was never able to use 3g cause tmobile didnt have it at the time. So when i got there (roaming) i noticed that i was on a full 3g network. We dont have internet or cable in our house there since we only go there about once every 2 years so i spent lots of time on there at night before bed. So i made lots of international roaming calls, went over my minutes and lots of 3g surfing

Upvote 0
It was last Christmas/New Years and i was in South Africa. I had a Nokia N80 which is a 3g phone but i was never able to use 3g cause tmobile didnt have it at the time. So when i got there (roaming) i noticed that i was on a full 3g network. We dont have internet or cable in our house there since we only go there about once every 2 years so i spent lots of time on there at night before bed. So i made lots of international roaming calls, went over my minutes and lots of 3g surfing
Wow....not good. I make sure i never spend more than 100$ a month on 2 lines, with data. Then again, my gf works at starbucks and gets a nice little discount with thier corporate accounts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones