Too SlowSupport

Last Updated:

1. inderjeetp2001

inderjeetp2001 Active Member

Hello All,

My SGS (android 2.1) is running too slow. I have already installed Advance Task Killer.
    How to increase speed of phone?
    whats wrong with my phone?
    any body any clue?

Thanks and Regards,

2. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

What do you mean by slow? Are you referring to a benchmark result?

Is it just laggy? Not snappy enough? Or is it actually not opening up apps?

To increase the speed, i would recommend (without getting into a root conversation...unless thats what you want):

-Do not use live wallpapers
    -Do not use widgets
    -If you are using a task killer (set it to auto kill)---and people, dont hate on him for using ATK, thats for another thread
    inderjeetp2001 likes this.
  3. doctorxerxes

doctorxerxes Well-Known Member

Hey there... Which firmware are you on at the moment ? I personally am against task killers cos to me they serve no purpose (but I'd rather not get into that)... Try flashing to a beret firmware like jm8 or jm9... I personally would recommend Tayutamas jm8 rom with voodoo beta 4... Its available on .... If you don't wasn't to bother yourself with flashing new roms and all , just instal oclf app from the market... You will definitely see an improvement...

Cheers... Come and join the indian thread also....
  4. doctorxerxes

You could even try putting off all the animations... But seriously , not using widgets really causes your android to lose a lot of its charm.. (that doesn't mean that you flood all 5/7 home screens with them):p
  5. inderjeetp2001

inderjeetp2001 Active Member

Without rooting can i use this app?
  6. doctorxerxes

It will root the phone for you ...

If you are one of those guys who dont want to root their phone , then try this

Download | Project Voodoo, Galaxy S improvements

This is much better than oclf , does not require root , but requires you to use the method ... Read the instructions its very simple ...

btw , what firmware are you using ? ddjg4 ? or the same one when you bought the phone ?

type *#1234# into your dialler and right down what you see and post it here ..

cheers ..

come join this :

It has tons of information , tips , tricks etc and someone or the other will always help you out ...

Edit: Join this forum too ... its really useful and you will learn LOADS of stuff about your phone
  7. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

once click lag fix will or should sort all this out and you will NOT regret it.
  8. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

To be honest, i hated LagFix. I had several issues with force closes and permission errors. The only thing i really noticed with LagFix was really high benchmark results. Thats about it.

I know for certain i am not alone with this.

Keep in mind, VooDoo should come out soon. I have heard great things about Project VooDoo and not near as many complaints.
  9. ndng

ndng New Member

guys, i hv downloaded OCLF from the market and i tried to root my phone as per instruction. Nevertheless, after i restarted my phone, nothing happen and when i got to the OCLF menu, it says tht my phone is not rooted yet. Any advice?

10. doctorxerxes

Try androot app in the market.. Then try using oclf again...
  11. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

i had this prob uninstall and re install then do the fix. took me about 4 attempts.