Too stupid to root?

Last Updated:

1. Kori_Tamashii

Kori_Tamashii Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm wondering if maybe I should root my phone, but it seems like a lot of technical stuff that maybe I'm not quite advanced enough to get.

Any helpful tips, guides, etc, for morons like me?

Advertisement
  2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

if you head over to xda forums there are really good and simple step by step instructions on how to run unrevoked for root and s-off. its straightforward enough to pick up on.

basically the question you have to ask yourself is "am i ok with the (incredibly small) possibility of bricking my phone" not everyone is. but once you take the leap its not very hard to get going and whenever you have problems between this forum and others you ll get the answers and help you need

3. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

There are some pretty decent guides here. Take a good look at the links in the sticky thread at the top of this forum.

4. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

There are TONS of great programs to help with rooting (unrevoked3 and unrevoked forever). but if you worry about it AT ALL, dont do it. I am in no way trying to tell you NOT to do it, but be safe about it.

5. thelastdraco

thelastdraco Well-Known Member

nowadays with unrevoked^3 rooting is so simple, after you turn on USB debugging (settings>applications>development>usb debug) all you literally have to do is run the program and sit back and relax.

6. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

NO ONE is too stupid to root. With research you can do anything. Just make sure to do as much research as possible before jumping ship so you don't hurt your phone. It's very rare to brick but it CAN happen. Not too mention the people here are great and will help you out in a minute.

7. actofgod

actofgod Well-Known Member

I just did mine tonight, very easy with the posted guides and links. I was scared to death, but I worked very slowly and got it all the first time around. You can do it!!

8. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

Not to scare you off, but do make sure to read everything and dont skim to the point you miss a vital step. As long as you can follow instructions and not get ahead of yourself it is very easy. You will be swapping kernels and Roms on a daily basis before you know it!