Took my first pic, and I am furious.General

1. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Well-Known Member

I took this pic about an hour ago, this had BETTER not be indicative of the quality of the camera, which is SUPPOSEDLY 5 megapixels.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w370/danieljackson1272/CAM00018.jpg

My Optimus M took MUCH better quality pix and that was a 3.2 megapixel camera!

If you don't believe me go to my Photobucket (name is in the link above)and look. The first pic ("Hathaway" album) was taken with my Motion, all other pix were taken with my OM.

I haven't had time to take any other pix to compare with the first one. Someone please, PLEASE tell me that was a fluke!!!

Advertisement
    MotoTriumphant likes this.
  2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Link to your photobucket would be where?
  3. MyUsernameRox

Didn't it show?

Edit: I'll post it, just figured out how.
  4. MyUsernameRox

5. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Not on tapa....
  6. MyUsernameRox

Okay I posted the actual pic above. Or my photobucket is danieljackson1272 I believe I have that set to public.
  7. MyUsernameRox

TLDR: Pic taken of condos from middle of street with Motion is fuzzy and grainy, unlike pix taken of mountains 1-2 miles away with Optimus M are much better/clearer.
  8. MyUsernameRox

I'm going to take a series of pix tomorrow and see if that was an anomaly. If they also come out like crap, am I screwed? What's the use of a great phone of the camera is absolute sh*t?
  9. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I want to know, what is the Max processor speed on the phone set to? On YOUR phone?
  10. HereticSins

HereticSins Well-Known Member

I saw it on tapa haha
  11. MyUsernameRox

How do I find this out, I'll tell you
  12. HereticSins

Use antutu,setcpu,rom toolbox. Any of those to find out haha
  13. MyUsernameRox

Okay I hope this noob is doing this right.

Antutu benchmark:

CPU : 3305

gpu : 1584

ram : 1145

I/0 : 894

total score: 6928 (4.5 stars)

I was not about to upload another pic/quickmemo and have people not see it. lol
  14. HereticSins

In antutu click the little i icon at the bottom. And then tap system info. Post up the CPU frequency.
    And I did see the picture when you used quick memo lol.
  15. MyUsernameRox

384.0 ~ 1512.0 MHz
  16. HereticSins

Howd you get that score? :0
  17. warock56

warock56 Well-Known Member

Seems about the same score I get, this was the first day I had the phone

[​IMG]
  18. MyUsernameRox

So I guess my phone is okay.
  19. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Benchmarks don't mean a thing
  20. HereticSins

I wonder why mines a thousand points less than you guys after unbricking.
  21. MotoTriumphant

MotoTriumphant Well-Known Member

Bro. My brothers motion is so blurry I have a thread up talking about the differences between both of our motions
  22. maxroach

maxroach Active Member

Uhh....you should know that picture quality has mostly to do with the lens. The digital information is very very much secondary (and probably the A-D conversion as well).
    Megapixels is just the resolution, not the quality of the information created for those pixels.
    For example, you could upsize the resolution on that picture digitally....but it won't look better if you don't feed higher quality information to begin with.
  23. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

1.5GHz.

You have the firmware from the unbrick guide already on your phone.

Whose motion takes good pics???
    What is the processor speed?
  24. LGismyVISION

LGismyVISION Well-Known Member

The 5 MP pics are in like 2000 x ???? size! Your camera is not set for HD or anything , Go in camera settings and set it to the best camera settings that you find! Then post some new pictures , My LG Connect took great pictures on 720p and video epic so I suppose the motion can , Also the Motion glass infront the camera is very scratchable and can get dirty so clean it often before using the camera
  25. Khemul

Khemul Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure these problems are a quality issue. I think it is actually the speed of the phone working against it. It takes pictures so fast that motion blur can be very easy.

The issues so far sound exactly like pictures taken before the phone had a chance to auto focus. Even if it doors auto focus, sometimes the movement of taking the picture it'll undo it. My solution so far had been multiple pics. The phone takes picture so rapidly anyways.