• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Took my incredible for a swim

338lapuaAI

Apr 8, 2010
I decided my incredible need to cool off yesterday in the 100+ degree heat so I decided to jump into a lake yesterday. After about 10 mins of being in the water and unloading a boat I decided to dry the incredible out. Took out the battery and left the cover off for a few hours. The inside of the screen had some white residue in it from the water. After a good soak in 91% alcohol for about 20 mins I let if dry out overnight and it works perfectly fine. I guess this phone is really incredible.

it's not the water that does the damage but rather the impurities such as salt as in the case of sea water.
in fact when i'm repairing any phone with liquid damage one of the steps i use is to first immerse the phones pcb in a sonic bath with de-ionised water then repeat with a alcohol solution .

the best course of action in any case of potential liquid damage is to always pull the battery as soon as possible this will drasticly reduce the possibility of further damage although some liquid damage such as salt water or any type of soda / carbonated drink will pretty much kill the phone out rite.

Upvote 0
wow that is incredible! ive had my incred for 2 weeks now, some girl dragged me into the pool yesterday and my incred is now, after a full day's drying, fully broken. thank god i bought insurance for this phone, will they replace it or would i have to pay extra?

did you get some from the girl?

i expect that to be minimum retribution. guilt trips work well. give it a try

Upvote 0
I decided my incredible need to cool off yesterday in the 100+ degree heat so I decided to jump into a lake yesterday. After about 10 mins of being in the water and unloading a boat I decided to dry the incredible out. Took out the battery and left the cover off for a few hours. The inside of the screen had some white residue in it from the water. After a good soak in 91% alcohol for about 20 mins I let if dry out overnight and it works perfectly fine. I guess this phone is really incredible.

Wow, the Incredible lives up to its name in so many ways. Don't try this at home kids!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones