Took the plunge and got a sequent.General

1. alpha2k

alpha2k Well-Known Member

So far I've enjoyed the sequent. Only had it but about a few hours right now so time will tell, but overall thus far I am not unhappy with it.
    I was REALLY leery since I had come from a warp1, so I was VERY hesitant in getting another one.

-So far the phone seems very smooth and very responsive, the touch on the screen is a bit more sensitive, which is a plus, the screen itself looks crisper and not as washed out now.
    -It has More ram so that may help things a bit in smoothness.
    The camera is really nice, as is the camcorder, and it now does flash WHILE recording IE: no more holding a flashlight in the dark for night recording (if you've ever done that before) and yes flashlight apps work on that as well.
    -Speaker volume is louder now, which is also a plus.
    -It only has 3 buttons at the bottom now as apposed to 4, so the positioning is kinda hard to get used to but that will just take time is all.

I've only had it about a day, so I will have to report back with any goods and/or bads at a later time, but this is a very good start.

Honestly in my own opinion I think ZTE should have waited on this phone to release, I think a lot more people would have not been unhappy or leary to jump on this phone, as compared to the 1st warp and this one. The first warp kinda left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Advertisement
  2. QingWu

QingWu Well-Known Member

thanks for your comments,we are expecting your report and try to improve it better and better.
  3. alpha2k

Well a week has passed and so far I am very happy with this phone, a definite upgrade to what the original is.

I have tested multiple things and so far I have had no issues that I can foresee or notice.
    I did have some issues at first with wifi turning on randomly,although it's not really an issue as much as it is a setting, but I found out it was an option called connection enhancer, or something like that, so I turned it off and wifi no longer turns on randomly. While it may be good for some, I prefer to control my settings not have them randomly do things, even though I know it's for a good purpose, I still want to control what gets turned on and off. That said I have had no more wifi on/off. I ended up resetting to factory defaults because I wasn't sure what was causing it.

I also had some issues with home replacements making the phone laggy and sluggish. I tried Apex launcher and holo launcher, and both seemed just a tad bit laggy, especially after I added widgets. I am a huge widget user, which seem to stress and strain the system/phone, so it's actually a good test for things. I finally landed on Nova, which in my opinion is a must have. It runs VERY smoothly and snappy, with NO noticeable slowdowns at all, and has pretty much the same features as apex and holo do.

After all this it took about 2 days to sort out, swapping back and forth between launchers and resetting and such, but I am now up and running happy, snappy, and fast as ever.

I compared the screen res to the old warp and against the Samsung sII.
    Against the warp, the difference is night and day.
    Against the Samsung SII they are really close in comparison, very crisp, colorful picture on both phones, so very much alike. I never really noticed until I checked them both out against the sequent, and I can say I am impressed at the resolution as compared to the older warp

Also YouTube videos now have very little buffering, if at all. Possibly due to the faster ram, and more ram now, not sure.

I guess to give a summary of this phone, I'd say this:

Pros
    -better processor
    -more responsive screen (flick side to side and tap and such)
    -quite a bit better screen resolution, comparable to the Samsung SII
    -faster processor, 1.4ghz as apposed to 1ghz processor
    -more ram (768MB), also faster
    -Speaker is a lot better, you can actually hear it now, even at 1/2 volume
    -The camera does 720p, and uses the flash during recording now

Cons
    -Battery life is about the same as the warp, maybe slightly better, but nothing drastically better. I can stretch 6-8 hrs if I don't use it much, but if I use it as I tend to do Moderately to high, I get about 6, maybe 7 if I'm lucky. I'd say about 5-6 is avg at moderate usage.
    -The persistent google bar takes up screen space, which takes away from the users screen. This takes the choice away from the user to use the search bar or not, otherwise why have the option to add it. This can be solved by using a home replacement though, so that is a work around.
    -The lack of toggle settings in the notification space. I'de like to see this added, as I like to toggle things such as gps, wifi, and blutooth, so it would be a nice added feature if this was added.

I would tell ZTE to ditch the persistent google bar and add the toggle in notification space, perhaps in a next update maybe? dunno, just a thought is all. I'de like this to be a request from me.

In short I have to say I am impressed, and pleasantly surprised at this phone. I am glad I took the chance to go with another warp. This phone in my opinion is what the original warp SHOULD have been.
    All in all for me, it's a win win situation. For the price vs the phone it's a good buy to me. If I had bought this phone and/or this was the first warp, I would still have it.

I haven't tried many games, but I have heard it has a few issues with high def games. I always thought if the phone doesn't play games that's fine, I leave games for the consoles and pc. If it plays on the phone it's only a plus, but it's sure not a deal breaker for me.

PS: if there is anything I can maybe test out, let me know I will see what I can do.
    QingWu likes this.
  4. alpha2k

about 2 weeks now, and noticed a something I don't like.

For whatever reason when plugged in the swiping side to side, with apps or home screens, it's really laggy and sluggish, as if something is eating up resources. I'd think it would be opposite, but it's worse.
    This only happens when the phone is plugged in.
    The pattern lock screen is also glitchy, as I have to unplug it to even finish the pattern, as is the notification bar, you can hardly if at all, pull it down.....all these things while plugged in. Unplugged it all works fine and smooth.
    This can present quite a problem, because if your phone is low on battery you may want to finish something, what's the point of plugging it in and charging if it's going to act all crazy?
  5. mooreapi

mooreapi Active Member

alpha2k,
    Are you running the mi-power app or another similar? I have the warp sequent also, but never have the lag while swiping when plugged in . I am not using any power control app, and have the connection optimizer shut off, with stock home screen...