• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROMs [TOOL][LINUX] Batch Lollipop Deodex (v1.9 - 8/9/15)

SuperR

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2010
Invisible
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything bad that may occur from the use of this tool, but I will take all the credit you can give me if it works for you :)

Batch Lollipop ROM Deodex Tool for Linux

This tool has successfully deodexed the framework, app, and priv-app of the Moto E 2015, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, and Nexus 6. It should work on many others so please let us know your experience.

If you ask a question like "Will this work for the (Android device name here)?" the answer will almost certainly be "I don't know".

There is a readme included in the zip that explains general usage so please have a look there before asking. If there are issues, I will do my best to fix them.

Please do not repost this information or mirror the downloads. Feel free to post a link to this thread anywhere you like.

Enjoy!

Download:
deodex_lollipop_linux_v1.9.zip

Dependencies: (more info)
p7zip-full (7za)
java 7 (openjdk-7-jre works well)

Source

Thanks to:
testwhat - for SmaliEx
JesusFreke - for smali/baksmali

deodex_lollipop_linux1a.png deodex_lollipop_linux2a.png deodex_lollipop_linux3a.png deodex_lollipop_linux4a.png deodex_lollipop_linux5a.png

Last edited:
Changes:

v1.9
  • Adjustments for deodexing arm64 and x86_64 roms
  • Fixed a problem with deodexing apk's in framework dir
  • Better auto-detection of arch and api
  • UI improvments
  • Sped up performance by eliminating checks for things we already know
  • Squashed a few other random bugs
v1.8
  • Added support for ROMs with fake odexed files
  • Added support for odexed apk's in the framework directory
  • Added ARCH auto detection
  • Added API auto detection if build.prop is present
v1.7
  • Cleaned up the code a bit
  • Sped up framework deodexing by at least double
v1.6
  • Added support for gzipped odex files
v1.5
  • Cleaned UI more
  • Script will no longer let you pass with the wrong arch variable
v1.4
  • Cleaned up the UI a bit
  • Now it will only allow Lollipop API levels to be entered
  • Sped up the process by eliminating redundancy for frameworks with multiple classes
v1.3
  • Added check for dependencies
v1.2
  • Initial release

Last edited:
Upvote 0
wait a minute.. I need 64bit Linux to deodex LP now, huh?
I don't think you need 64 bit

Dependencies - the packages the script depends on. In this case there are 2 applications listed in the OP that are required to successfully run the script.

As of v1.3, the script checks to be sure the dependencies are met and tells you if they are not.

I am pretty sure Ubuntu ships with the 2 dependencies pre-installed, and probably Mint as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones