• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TOOL/ROM] Unleash The Beast V0.1 EASIEST WAY TO ROOT & MORE

When I open terminal and type "su"...it says superuser has to force close. Then on the blue terminal screen, it says permission denied. Any suggestions?

EDIT:

Nvm, downloaded the most up to date version of Superuser off the market and it works perfectly :). On a sidenote, the wireless tethering app doesn't work for me either. I installed rom manager and checked "fix permissions". All that did is allow it to open up, but as soon as I try to start it, it force closes.

Upvote 0
Thanks. Seems to be working fine.

Noob questions. In Super users. market access . What does it do? Do i have to keep it checked. "green" same goes for terminal emulator?

Superuser is the whole root access part. It's vital to having a rooted phone. It sets the permissions and allows the phone to do those things a rooted phone does. Examples being...installing a custom rom, being able to access the system part of the phone, you know, the part that you normally can't get to, in order to remove the bloatware, change ringtones, as well as the boot animation.

Terminal emulator is used just to run scripts. When someone makes a custom rom, they can input scripts, like keeping 50MB of ram space free, or manually pushing or pulling apps from the system part of the phone. A lot can be done with scripts, which is where terminal emulator comes in. You need it to input scripts...

Upvote 0
Is there a way to put it back to factory settings? I'm send it back to AT&T and get another captivate or different phone >,<

The best way is to use Odin and a stock rom. You can find both of these from either links on this website or on XDA. I would link them myself but don't have them handy. If you can't find it on XDA or here for some reason, just Google Odin Captivate Stock rom or some combination of those and you should be fine.

Upvote 0
ahhh for some reason i cannot get into recovery mode!!! can someone please help me??

edit: i did the one click root mac and wanna do utb... do i just dl the file rename to update.zip and replace the existing update.zip on my internal sd? if so i did that and tried getting into recovery mode but no go... if i have my usb plugged into my mac and power off and then hold power, up, down, nothing happens... it shows my battery charging... no recovery mode.... any suggestions??? just bought my captivate a couple hours ago

Upvote 0
I messed up my Market Acess apk when I did a TI backup after installing the UTB.

How can I uninstall the Market Access apk?

I have a fresh copy of the apk on my PC and can sideload it. I have tried several times but the Side Load Wonder machine says it is already there and fails to overwrite it.

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
I messed up my Market Acess apk when I did a TI backup after installing the UTB.

How can I uninstall the Market Access apk?

I have a fresh copy of the apk on my PC and can sideload it. I have tried several times but the Side Load Wonder machine says it is already there and fails to overwrite it.

Any ideas?
What does it say exactly in the cmd prompt window?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones