• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TOOL/ROM] Unleash The Beast V0.1 EASIEST WAY TO ROOT & MORE

HELP PLEASE!!!! I AM SUPER CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!

i am super paranoid to root my samsung captivate. seriously. plus, i have searched this forum, and everyone has a DIFFERENT spin and A DIFFERENT opinion.

concerns:

1. i actually like the daily briefing - i just use it for weather and calendar.

2. the power on and off sounds are fine with me.
i do not need or want to sideload anything right now, but may in the future.

3. i like my google navigation, the app with the blue star trek icon.

4. i do hate all the other at&t crap, and will be happy to remove it, or have it removed.

5. if i root this way, do i get to pick and choose what is removed, or is it 100% automatic and NOT in my control?

6. i have an sd card. i have read similar posts elsewhere you need to remove and then re-install the sd card. what is correct??

7. again, i am super paranoid. i just would like super simple steps, as i am afraid of ruining my phone. i am not an idiot; i just want a simple way to do it.... AND ON TOP OF THAT, THERE ARE SUPER LONG POSTS IN THIS FORUM, THEN TO CONFUSE ME, THE ORIGINAL POSTER SAYS, OH, DO THIS INSTEAD, THIS IS EASIER. VERY CONFUSING!!!

8. i suppose it will void my at&t handset insurance, is this correct?

9. is it easy to unroot?

many, many thanks!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones