• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

top 5 smartphone cameras on Cnet

dpeagle

Oct 10, 2010
well after all the heat this phone got for its camera performance cnet has it at number 3 of the top 5 smartphones. they also only rated it's 2d performance so its "gimick" 3d feature was not even considered. for those wondering if the 5mp camera can keep up, this is just more proof that camera performance is not solely based on MP. (Best cell phones for shutterbugs | Dialed In - CNET Blogs). i will say, cnet has been one of the few reporting sites out their that has treated this phone objectively.

I'm just going to stand by for the lengthy posts about how they didn't offer much more than 3 sentences per phone, including zero pictures from all 5 to show how they compare and why they rated them that way.

Plus, the reason why the iPhone got top spot was due to app selection for the camera? Umm...lol
--- did you see the link in that artical to their cnet phone camera comparison site. its kinda cool. just select each phone to do a side by side comparison. (Camera Phone Comparison Gallery - CNET Reviews)

Upvote 0
--- did you see the link in that artical to their cnet phone camera comparison site. its kinda cool. just select each phone to do a side by side comparison. (Camera Phone Comparison Gallery - CNET Reviews)

If that's what they used to compare cameras, the iPhone shouldn't have even shown up. The thing has some horrible yellow tint going on. The N8 should definitely be up there, as well as the Droid X2.

Upvote 0
My ex boss (the iphone freak) told me that CNET rated my 3DVO the top rated personal device on the market right now. This was two weeks ago.

Just yesterday, I looked on CNET and found that to still be true. And what's more encouraging is that all of the comments and ratings are above and beyond complimenting. The only negative consensus is that it only has an 8gb SD card. Besides that, I haven't read anything else grossly negative... And that's always good news. It's about time the 3DVO gained the respect that it deserves. And articles like that only exemplify and validates it's existence.

Upvote 0
I dont think that the EVO 3D's camera should be in the top five at all. Havent you noticed that the EVO 3D takes horrible pcitures in low light even when the flash is on? I know that I have this problem as well as others. I have tried all settings and if the subject is not a foot away from the flash the picture comes out almost black. I am returning this thing since I'm still in my 30 days. My EVO 4G took great pictures in low light to almost complete darkness. I took a picture of my son in the shadow of a tree at 6 in the evening (which the sun is still very high in the sky where im at) and I cant even make out his face. Im very disappointed as the camera and video is the biggest marketing feature of the phone. If anyone has any suggestions im all ears. But I'd rather go back to my 4G and be able to take pictures at night. That does me more service than being to take a 3D picture.

Upvote 0
^^ Nope, I haven't noticed that at all. The pictures are acceptable in low light for a camera and satisfactory for a camera in a cell phone. My 3D takes slightly better low light photos than did my 4G. Nothing extreme, but a bit better. My wife has my 4G and from time to time I will have to step in for the low light picture.

I haven't noticed this either. I take a lot of pictures on this phone, in both 2 and 3D and in actuality have received a compliments on the quality. Not saying at all that others don't have problems but I certainly don't.

Reactions: linzgeneral
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones