• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Top Essential Droid Apps - What's your opinion

cars4dylan

Lurker
Nov 11, 2010
Greetings everyone, I'm a nube when it comes to the smartphone world and just got my first a couple of days ago (MyTouch 4G). I'm jumping into this headfirst but was wondering what the more experienced "Apps" users think are the most essential ones to have handy on your phone. Mainly, which apps will just in general improve the daily use of the phone as well as other apps. For instance I've noticed that when looking at most apps it requires you have another software/program loaded in order to use that certain app. Fire away with what you think, any and all info is appreciated. :D

No root required apps:

-Tasker, buy it. hands down you will not regret it
Tasker - Android app on AppBrain

-LauncherPro, buy the plus version for the widgets, but it is the best homescreen even without the widgets
LauncherPro - Android app on AppBrain

-AppAlarm - use pandora to wake up (free is good, but paid you don't have to enable the alarm every day)
AppAlarm Pro - Android app on AppBrain

-Best game - Angry birds
Angry Birds - Android app on AppBrain

Make ringtones or notifications from any mp3:
Ringdroid - Android app on AppBrain

Those would be where I start, click the link in my signature for a lot more great apps

Upvote 0
mine are:
pocket informant -my main calendar app- not fully there yet but still good imo :)
jorte - nice widget calendars
gotodo - nice task app
widget locker -saves me having to enter pin no all the time -plus lock screen widgets
ringdroid -quick way to make ringtone
mecontacts -nice speed contacts app
systempanel -system info and app control
dolphin hd - cool browser - check out those custom swipes ;)
missed reminder -enhanced reminders and better led flashing
3g watchdog - monitor that tiny data allowance! :D

cheers
dan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones