Top LED not coming on with Ultimate Droid v8

Last Updated:

1. headbanger51

headbanger51 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just flashed UD v8 last night and got into the LED hack and adjusted my settings so that when I dock it all LEDs turn off. Cool and the gang. Except now when I get an email or text message I don't get the blue or green flashing LED in the top right like normal. I actually love this cuz I can tell if I have an email/sms without powering up out of sleep mode. Granted, that isn't that big a deal, but I like my damn LED.
    Anyone experiencing this or have any ideas on a fix?

Advertisement
  2. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Return your settings to stock and remove LEDS hack...Also...the ESE53 update makes it so when your screen is on you do not get an LED blink since it is redundant. This may be why. So the LED should only blink when the screen is off

3. headbanger51

Um, I'm going to highlight myself as a COMPLETE moron, but where/how do I return my settings to stock? Thanks for your answer!

4. aileendq

aileendq Well-Known Member

I was reading on one of the other forums that others had this problem with v8. FYI- I just installed Ultimate Droid 8.1.1 last night and my LEDs are just fine. Maybe try updating? There's an OTA update available here:

Ultimate Droid V8.1.1 Now Available as Over The Air Update (ESE53 Base) - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

5. headbanger51

I probably should have posted or if there were an option to close a thread...

But I updated to the new-fangled ROM Manager and got the OTA to 8.1.1 and it's been running like a champ ever since.

6. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I've been using Ultimate Droid since 5.0 and my LEDs have always worked. LEDs Hack, on the other hand, has been a huge pain in the tush. I'm currently on 8.1.1 and it's all gravy, baby. However, there should be a new version out today, which I'll be checking in a min to see what's up w/ that. If I see anything about LEDs mentioned, I'll let ya know.

7. headbanger51

No need Yankee. :) I'll be watching as well and ever since I switched to UDv8.1.1 it's all been gravy for me too.