"Top Offers" app

1. drdnaught1

drdnaught1 Well-Known Member

Just now an icon has appeared on my Android's "desktop" called "Top Offers". It came when I installed an N64 emulator, Mupen64plus or something like that. The Top Offers app doesn't appear in my apps list, so I'm not sure how to uninstall it.

I also have AirPush Detector, but it does not detect anything abnormal...I sure don't want to get more spam, how do I get rid of this Top Offers thing?

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

As I know, it's just a simple link to a web site.
    Shove the icon in the trash :)

Harry
    drdnaught1 likes this.
  3. wprose

wprose New Member

I've shoved that icon in the trash at least 3 times over the past 2 days. I'm considering just uninstalling everything I installed that night, then trying to readd them.
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

I'm going to guess that you did run detectors like 'Addon Detector' or LookOut's 'Ad Network Detector' to find this app which used an AirPush addon to push this icon on your home screen, didn't you.

Good that you know these apps of which one of them could be the culprit app.
    But note, an updated app also might be the culprit.

Harry
  5. Nelson1

Nelson1 New Member

I got that same icon when I downloaded a live spiderman wallpaper.
    Apparently I gave permission as part of the download. I have Lookout which didn't detect it as a virus. I still don't like it.
    Will delete wallpaper and see what happens
  6. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member

A live wallpaper is an app, so can have stuff like this. It's not a virus, and Lookout security app won't flag it. However, Lookout Ad Network Detector should. I often recommend Addons Detector for scanning for this stuff.

If that wallpaper was the source then removing it should stop it.
    mikedt likes this.
  7. HecTiC One X

HecTiC One X Well-Known Member

yea i find alot of dodgey apps come with these ad notifications. Annoying as shit, and to get rid of it, u gotta get rid of the app that brang it in like Hadron said.

Developers that do that sorta rubbish are only hurting themselves. Ive deleted a few apps that ive likes due to this sorta thing.