Top Roms...

Last Updated:

1. ExSaint

ExSaint Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know this is probably opinion based but i wanted to see what majority people think the top roms are. I know i see alot of people use baked snacks and fresh rom.
    Don't see many people use Ava-FroyoV9-such a great rom.

Advertisement
  2. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

IMO CM>BS>FRESH,I will consider MIUI when it gets better.

3. kaw900r

kaw900r Well-Known Member

Fresh is my fav so far but i like Myn2.2, Miui1.24, BakedSnack1.8 & CM6 :cool:

4. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

I think myns rls 2 is a good looking sense rom and cm6 I wish I could have both at the same time

5. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

I personally prefer the Frank Miller ROM, but the Steve Buscema ROM is right there. Frank Miller's style is just so..... oh wait...sorry wrong forum...I thought you were talking about this ROM;

[​IMG]

Anyway...I'm really enjoying Myn's Warm TwoPointTwo despite some minor hiccups. Fresh and Baked Snacks were about equal for me.

gear.h34d.2012 likes this.
  6. quocamole

quocamole Member

4G has been great to me so I've only really tested out sense ROMs.

ROMs
    1. EViO 1.4 - fastest ROM (tested against multiple newly flashed ROMs w/ same kernel), lots of extra internal space (dalvik moved to sd), STABLE, responsive developer that shares his work across other ROMs
    2. BS 1.8
    3. Myn - slick ROM but the "flying screens" get old and actually slow things down a bit

Kernels
    1. Kings BFS #6
    2. BS #6
    3. Netarchy 4.1.8 BFS

7. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

Just loaded Myn's about 10 minutes ago. I like it so far. Fresh and burnt are the only ones I have used besides stock that lasted me more than an hour. When the desireHD gets better, I am all over that.

Sadly, CM6 is out, since I like my 4G. For senseless, I love vaelpak.

8. ExSaint

Now that Kernels are on the topic. With the Ava-Froyo9 rom that I'm using should i keep the stock kernal or Flash a new one? Will it make a difference?

9. FestoKGB

FestoKGB Well-Known Member

Kernels are a hot topic over at xda in the Warm TwoPointTwo thread. The consensus seems to be that ROM/Kernel combinations may perform differently for different users.

The best thing you can do is flash a kernel, test through a few discharge/recharge cycles and see what works best for you. One thing to remember is that apparently SetCPU doesn't play nice with any HAVS kernels.

Personally, if you are getting the performance and battery life that you like out of your current combination I would stick with it. You aren't likely to see a dramatic difference and you may find that getting back to what you had is more difficult than you think.

ExSaint likes this.
  10. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member

I like vaelpak 2.2 its very stable and he is very quick to help with any problems or questions

11. metalmenance

metalmenance Well-Known Member

Have tried many of them and keep going back to Fresh3 with riptides clear theme
    it works great, look super and battery life is good with the stock updated kernal included.
    Myns is flashy but does slow things down a bit, Ava was ok but had issues with changing it up, etc etc
    Fresh rom themes nice and everything works (hdmi,wifi,etc)

Might have to stick with the new htcsense ports once camera is working :) its baddass and battery is very good

ExSaint likes this.
  12. ExSaint

Yeah I might stick with the stock kernal. I'm also using Riptide9's Color'N'Clear Theme. Plays nice with Ava-FroyoV9. I haven't had any issues with this rom, its also my first. I'm considering trying a new rom but scared of not everything working. Everything works with Ava. Metalmenance what issues did you have with ava?

13. seajm

seajm Well-Known Member

Virus Rom RC3 w/ Netarchy 4.1.8 CFS

14. slosvt

slosvt Member

Virus RC2B4 here... Still beta, but running great with very few issues.

15. ExSaint

I'm really considering switching to this rom. I love Ava but I want to try a different Rom since being ava was the only one i have used. I have read alot on Myn's rom. I keep hearing the that its flashy and smooth and fast but does slow down. Cant you just load a different theme to fix this? example if Riptide runs on this??

16. slugbug

slugbug Well-Known Member

I am running Myn's RLS2 Rom and I use LowRiders theme with it (the 2.51 beta I think). LowRiders themes are very snappy with transitions as well. I have not notivced anything at all - nothing - slow down. Changing the animation settings to fast might help wiht what some people think are slow. I'm not sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. ExSaint

OK. I'm going to flash this rom and try riptide theme and see what happends. *Crosses fingers*

18. iluvandroid6879

iluvandroid6879 Active Member

Miui all the way andwhat is the best kernel for miui. Im talk battery life

19. ExSaint

From what I hear King's kernal #9 works best with alot of roms. It gets great battery performance.

20. luxetical

luxetical Well-Known Member

I just flashed Ava last night and instantly fell in love. This ROM is amazing and by far the best I've used.

Now to explore what kernels work best with it.

21. ExSaint

I was using the stock kernal. I wanted to try King's #9 on it. Try that and let me know how that works with avaV9.
    I'm actually flashing warm with kernal #9 as I type so we'll see how that works compared to ava.

***Update: Seems to be working great so far!!! Just gotta restore apps and data. Great combination.

22. luxetical

luxetical Well-Known Member

Ya I'm about to get kings #9 CFS running, I'll let you know how it works with Ava.

**Update**
    My quadrant Score has been 1100-1300 (I have pictures if wanted) with Kings#9 and so far everything has been smooth. I'm over-clocking at 1.19ghz and its been steady. I also have had AWESOME battery life, yesterday I was 12+ hours by the time I got home from school and was at about 60%, could've easily went another 12hrs.

23. Thanatos_evo

Thanatos_evo Member

I'm using Fresh Evo with the stock kernel. I like the battery life. It lasted an entire day with heavy usage, lots of widgets and background apps. I've added Riptide's clear theme on it with a few tweaks. Pretty slick and nice. I love this tweak - flips the sense clock widget instead of simply updating the time.