Top ways to improve batt. life?

Last Updated:

1. elninost0rm

elninost0rm Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

Recently upgraded to 2.1 rooted using Ultimate Droid v10.

What are the ways to improve battery life utilizing root? I know all the obvious ones like no animations, wifi, bluetooth, syncing intervals, etc.

Are there programs that can be removed from booting that are bloatware? If so, is there a safe list of these floating around, and how do I do it? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Have a very underclocked SetCPU profile for Standby/Sleep (maybe 250 max, 125 min or 250 max/min?)

Aggressive screen timeout (15-30 seconds)

Make sure apps (the browser is a big one) aren't utilizing GPS when you don't need them to.

3. elninost0rm

Aye, thank you for the tips. I already do all 3 (and actively use a task killer almost every time I'm done using the phone and putting it back in my pocket).

I just read that there was a lot of bloatware that can be removed on boot by having root access.

4. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

I use Startup Auditor to kill program that I don't need running at startup. That has helped eliminate wasted memory and improved my battery life.

5. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

I *Think* "Autostarts" Gives you more control than Startup Auditor.

6. tireironmike

tireironmike Member

7. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Turn off syncing when you don't need it. Same with GPS and BT obviously. Dim screen as much as possible. Task killer apps.......as you can see in that thread I am against them in MOST instances, but, if you run a lot of 3rd party apps then you might need one. Reason being is some of these dev's have done a poor job of coding so they are eating up your battery when not being used.

8. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

Everyone seems so concerned with battery life. If you phone makes it through the day what does it matter? I pay no attention to it at all anymore and the only time I have had my phone requiring a charge before the end of the day since was when I used gps nav for like 2.5 hours in the car with no car charger on hand.

Seems for most its only a problem cause you pay so much attention to it

9. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to have the same attitude OMJ... To tell you the truth I'm never too far away from a charger, and when I'm doing heavy battery hogging stuff (Pandora, GPS, 3) it is always from my car dock and I keep it plugged in whenever it is in the car...

10. elninost0rm

11. Crazy_J

Crazy_J Well-Known Member

I've even left my screen brightness set on full brightness with no real change with my battery life. The only times I see battery life dwindling down quickly is if I'm doing a large amount of data transfer or playing a game like asphalt or project inf. As I've had my Droid for a while now I have become used to charging when ever I am doing any of those things. Most days I last all day with only an overnight charge.