Topics In the Wrong Forums

Last Updated:

1. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I've been alerting mods via the [​IMG] button to topics begun in forums that have no relationship that I can see (could be mistaken about some of them, sometimes, though) just to try to help keep them from straying all over the place.

This morning, however, I noticed this underneath the text field in the reporting area:

"Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts."

I know that has been there all along, but today it occurred to me that I may be messing up by using the report function.

Obviously an iPhone topic in the Eris forums is not spam, ads, harassment, rudeness or fighting.

Is it best to just leave them be? Or should a moderator be PMed?

I want to help, not cause more for the mods to do needlessly.

Advertisement
  2. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

Nah you can keep reporting those. The point in that message is to deter people from using it as a "tip us" button to alert us of news to cover on Phandroid, which used to happen a lot.

Frisco likes this.
  3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Cool.

Thanks for popping in and answering my question.

4. bingblink

bingblink Member

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, and am currently conducting a short research on Android phone usage.

Looking to get people to complete a short 10-min paid survey, and so I thought of this forum.

I don't know where I should post the link to the survey, don't want to be posting irrelevant stuff.

Advise, guys?

Bing