Torn between 3gs and milestone.

Last Updated:

1. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have a 3gs sitting on my desk, it is brand new, given as a gift, now i can can sell this an get a milestone (droid) or keep the 3gs

i have had the hero in the past, and have had the ipod touch in the past
    i love the apps on the iphone
    i love the freedom of android
    i think the '4g' will make the 3gs's value decrease...so sell now?

people keep saying the android market will improve...but i have yet to see games that can matcht the iphone quality. :(

Advertisement
  2. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member

WELL out of the two personally I might be tempted to grab the iPhone (Sorry my fellow Android users!)

Heres why:
    Now I Love my android phone to death but I never jumped on the inerd train other than for the apps. (I just beat plants vs zombies on my itouch ^.^)
    But the fact is the market isn't quite up to par, and face it the Droid/milestone keyboard is miserable. I mean ABSOLUTELY miserable. You'd be better off with the worst touch screen keyboard in the world IMO then that keyboard.

Personally though, I would hunt around for a better Android device depending on which carrier you wanna put it on, and grab an itouch like me. It allows for both worlds.

3. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

IMO - Sell now and wait for LTE to be available. Last I heard, the projected estimate was 4G in 27 cities before the end of the year for VZ.

4. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

And we all know how we'll those projections go.... like watch they'll light up nyc and count it as 7 cities because it reaches the edges of the suburbs.

5. dancedreamfly

dancedreamfly Well-Known Member

Switched from the 3GS to the Milestone with no regrets. If you miss the apps you can just get an iPod Touch.

6. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

mm i read that the milestone has a locked bootloader, does this mean no custom roms and no rooting?

7. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Well, you need to figure out where your priorities lie. Is it with games? 4G? Freedom? Something has to be more important to you than the rest.

Will improve and "will improve in the timeframe that you expect" are 2 different things. It will improve as more and better developers are attracted to the platform (assuming that the markstshare continues to increase). If you want a better apps market now then there's no question on the matter.

Nope:
    http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=milestone+root&l=1

Why apologize? I don't care what device other people use. Selecting a smartphone is a highly subjective process. It's all about finding what suits you best -- not what's the most popular (unless you're just looking to fit in).

Not for gaming IMO. It's a subjective matter though most seem to agree that the Droid/Milestone keyboard isn't all that great.

8. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member

I love both platforms, so I have a droid and an inactive iPhone.

First off, which phone has the better network? Pick that one. Forget about Android or iPhone.
    If both get good reception, then pick the cheapest one or the platform you like better.
    Keep both, or sell off the 3GS and get a touch. I can't think of a good Android-like iPod touch.
    Forget 4G- wait until it becomes more widespread.

Then enjoy the best of both worlds.