• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TORQUE App Question

Fletcher34

Lurker
Mar 16, 2016
Does anybody know if the Torque app can read/scan the stored codes/history of the vehicle even if the Check Engine Light isn't on? In other words if my check engine light comes on for a while but then goes off, I want to know what the code was. I know some readers can show the history but some cheaper ones cannot.

I think that's the case even for the free version of Torque (which is what I use) and the other OBDII reader apps that I've tried, because I think it's mostly an issue about what the car's computer presents more than being about what the OBDII apps reads & displays.

For me the hard part was finding a cheap (Bluetooth) OBDII dongle that works with all of my cars. I had a cheap one that worked well for several years but I gave it to my brother, thinking that I could easily buy another cheap one for myself. But then I tried about 4 different cheap models that looked like THIS, THIS, THIS, & THIS but they didn't work with most of my cars. Finally, I got the Konnwei KW902 and it worked with all of my cars.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones