1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Torrent Off: BarTor vs. Torrent Droid

Well?

1. BarTor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Torrent Droid

2 vote(s)
    100.0%

Last Updated:

1. tonedef

tonedef New Member This Topic's Starter

Which do you guys use? I bought both and forgot to test them out, so I can't refund either. But I want to know which one I should go through the trouble of configuring.

What has the nicer interface? Best performance? Does Torrent Droid use the Browser to do all of its torrent searches? That seems horrible. Let me know what your thoughts are :)

Advertisement
  2. JackieNoff

JackieNoff Member

How about utorrent? Free.

3. dynodroid

dynodroid Well-Known Member

I just purchased Torrent Droid because it's the only one I've heard about. I plan on testing it out, I'm not too sure I can completely configure it as I am working at the moment, but I'll know by tomorrow.

4. tonedef

tonedef New Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I had to learn how to set up a static IP (not hard) and forward ports (a little harder) to get it to work, but it works well enough. You have to navigate to a torrent file download in Browser (or Steel), and then it prompts you to download it with Torrent Droid. At which point it uploads it to your host client.

It's very similar to BarTor, but a little more expensive. I settled on Torrent Droid because it has an adorable icon.