Last Updated:

1. zasvier89

zasvier89 Active Member

Has anyone tried to torrent on the motion? :D

Advertisement
  2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

On 4G?
    Sounds like a great way to kill your battery haha.
  3. jmwinf146

jmwinf146 Well-Known Member

That's a bad word!
  4. bloodtinted

bloodtinted Member

Am i the only one that thinks torrenting from a phone sounds like the perfect way to get yourself a nice fine?
  5. Flablitz

Flablitz Well-Known Member

Simple fix for trouble and battery get a seedbox as low as 10$ a month and download a ftp app for android so if yiu are on a ratio site the box seeds not the phone feral hosting actually has there server setup for phones. On indulge certain places i couldn't grab the actual .torrent file but opera mini and downloadallfiles worked for me. Btw, there is legal torrents, so its the way yiu use it that makes it bad. ;)
  6. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Linux is torrented. Completely legal. So torrents are not bad, it is actually a better way to download stuff that would take hours longer if you didnt torrent.
    zasvier89 and Flablitz like this.
  7. Flablitz

Flablitz Well-Known Member

Well, thats really where you get them. Torrents can be utterly slow at times and fast at others. I perfer direct links (can be a pain at times mobile.) the most and even good newsgroups are alright. You pay for speed tbh and its worth 10$ a monthf for the right file host.
  8. maxroach

maxroach Active Member

I can't get utorrent to work on a pdanet tether...I guess I need to open a port on my unrooted phone?
  9. trigger1074

trigger1074 Well-Known Member

seedbox and ftp..that's how Id do it if I wasn't such a saint....
    maxroach likes this.
  10. maxroach

maxroach Active Member

I did get my torrent going by using "forced encryption", if anyone has suggestions for # global connections, upload slots etc, for some context, that'd be helpful.

I notice on my pc when I open maybe 6 tabs at once, sometimes I'll get a "no data" message in chrome, which I don't get on a regular dsl router, so my thinking is that the phone doesn't do well with many connections...?
  11. zasvier89

zasvier89 Active Member

Utorrent Beta works on the Motion select the internal memory download folder for it to work though