• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Toshiba Excite Pro Tablet not HD and poor volume???

Hi, hope someone can help...

I've just bought a Toshiba Excite Pro 10.1" Android tablet. One of the reasons I bought it was for the good screen resolution (2560x1600, 299 pixels per inch) so I could watch HD movies on it. Even Toshiba advertise it as being ideal for watching HD movies. However, when I use the tablet to browse some of the movies available to buy or rent from Google Play, a message appears when clicking on the movie saying "Watch in HD on supported Android devices. Note: HD playback not supported on this device".

Why is HD playback not supported on my Toshiba device? It's a high resolution device that the manufacturer describes as being ideal for HD movies. Anyone know what's going on please?

Also, The volume is really poor and much lower than my son's iPAD despite the volume being set to maximum via the volume control buttons on the side of the device and within the volume section of the settings too. I can hardly hear it! Does anyone know of a solution to this please?

Many thanks
Gaz

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones