toshiba regza t-01cGeneral

1. acshud

acshud Member

someone know if this device may be unlock?with my sim card show on display "this sim card cannot be recognized".thx

Advertisement
  2. ambientdroid

ambientdroid Well-Known Member

Are you trying to use non-docomo sim card?

I know their sim cards are different from those we had in new zealand and Australia, so I don't know if any other companies' sim cards will work.
  3. acshud

acshud Member

works with mr.sim and hypersim but i don't know to configure data conection.
  4. ambientdroid

ambientdroid Well-Known Member

Are you in Japan or somewhere else?

It could be to do with the data bands (frequencies) used in your area. Japan only has 3G so may not be able to pick up 2G and EDGE connections.

Have a look at this thread: http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/356801-how-useful-android-phones-outside-us.html

There's a poster named 'Guamguy' who goes into a lot of detail about this stuff around post #11.

If you're outside Japan that is.....I'm pretty sure these phones are only sold in Japan.
  5. acshud

acshud Member

i,m from romania.i use apn manager to reveal hidden apn and i create new one with my operator settings.i use elixir take from the market to see characteristics of the phone.i have one line witch show me my operator network but inside i have a line "Sim operator:00101"(the Mcc+Mnc of the provider of the sim).i thing this line don't let me go to data connection.