Total Minutes Used Activation Date

Last Updated:

1. Dougfresh

Dougfresh Member This Topic's Starter

I purchased a DX today an noticed that there were numbers on in the address book that I didn't put there. I plan on taking it to another store to get a new phone.

Is there a way to find out what were the total minutes used and first activation date? I want to be able to have evidence that I have a used phone.

Advertisement
  2. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

what were the numbers? there are 6 numbers that come stock in the phone.
    BAL, DATA, MIN, PMT, Warranty Center, and voicemail. it is against verizon policy to sell a phone as new that has ever been activated before. even if the phone was activated and never left the store, they cannot re-sell it as new.

if they are just random people's phone numbers (and not contacts your phone pulled from google, which it does in case you werent aware), then just take it back and have them pull the ESN history. they can look at the history and see if it has ever been activated. i am sure they will be more than happy to exchange the phone if they mistakenly gave you a phone that had been activated before, because i am sure if they did give you one that had been activated, it was a mistake, because they dont have anything to gain by not giving you a brand new phone.

note: if you previously had a google account that you put on the phone, but you never managed the contacts in the account, it likely saved email addresses of people in the contacts, and you likely never even realized they were there. if those are what you were seeing, you can tell by going into the address book, clicking menu, display group, and phone contacts. if those mystery ones disappear, then they came from your google. if this sounds like i am talking down to you, i really dont mean for that to be the case. but, i've seen it happen before, so i just thought i would give it a shot.
    i sincerely hope they didnt give you a used phone, and if they did, i REALLY hope it was an accident.

Martimus and Rockmystery like this.
  3. Rockmystery

Rockmystery Member

I agree with Sund0wn. I did the whole Gmail, yahoo mail and FB sync and it added everyone I had as friends to my phone contacts. Kind of freaked me out at first, until I realized what it was.
    I just uninstalled yahoo and FB, and created a brand new gmail account with nothing in it.
    Hopefully that is the issue with yours as well.

If you did in fact purchase a brand new phone, and there are random numbers in your contacts list that you do not recognize, I'd absolutely take it back to the store.

4. Dougfresh

Dougfresh Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for your replies. I made the mistake of thinking a "premium retailer" with the big Verizon logo was in fact Verizon. Inside it looked just like a store and they were wearing Verizon logos on their shirts. They were very unprofessional and didn't know what they were talking about or what they were doing. I asked them point blank if that phone was new and they said yes. Since they don't have any working demos only dummies, I think they were using the phone they gave me as a demo to get sales. I will be taking into a real Verizon store and having them pull the esn to find out when it was activated. I only signed in with google and have no other contacts input. Also, the battery doesn't have the hologram that I see in all the unboxing youtube videos. The battery life seams very very short.