1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Total Newb and SOOooo lost

Last Updated:

1. twinsmom

twinsmom Member This Topic's Starter

Just got Samsung Acclaim for hubby and got stuck setting everything up for him.

HOW can I get a digital clock on this thing? I found an widget that looked like it might work, but after I downloaded it, it never did anything. Am I supposed to turn the phone off and on to make it work. When I tapped it like I did the other ones I downloaded, it just took me to a "make it look the way you want" screen, but never actually DID anything. And now I can't even find the analog clock gizmo that came on the phone

Can somebody help me? Point me to a widget or whatever its called that is either idiot proof or comes with instructions.

I'd also love to put his cell phone number on the home screen somewhere (he never remembers what it is), any ideas?? I'm loading pics right now for wallpaper, but have no idea what a "skin" is. (geezz...this phone makes me feel old)

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

To add a widget, you long-press the home screen and a menu pops up, select widgets and then go find your digital clock you downloaded. It should be listed. If you don't like it, or any other desktop icon long-press it so you can drag it around, you'll see the app tray icon at the bottom of the screen change to a trash can, which is where you drag the item to delete it.

3. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

The Acclaim doesn't have a digital clock on the home screen? I know samsung isn't the greatest when it comes to OS implementation but....wow.

4. thepinkc

thepinkc Well-Known Member

In the upper right-hand corner of the screen, there you should be the time displayed.

5. twinsmom

twinsmom Member This Topic's Starter

It had an analog clock, but no digital (at least that I've found in the last five hours).

I found the digital widget I had downloaded, but it just added the widget icon to the screen, it never turned into a real clock.

I appreciate the help guys.

6. thepinkc

thepinkc Well-Known Member

Here are some apps I found on AppBrain - does this help?

digital clock