• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Total Newb here.

Supposed to introduce myself, so here goes. Bonus points for those who can figure out the username. :) I recently got my first smartphone, a Galaxy S3 on Virgin Mobile, and found this site when searching for tips to root the phone. What I found was a great help. I have more questions, but I'll ask in the appropriate place.

I'm fairly techy, just haven't gotten into the smart phone thing until now. Have to be careful because I don't have to budget to buy phones if ruin them, so I'll take it slow and do my research.

Hey Everyone who has a Samsung Galaxy 2 Tablet! I found the answer to my question! (Yeah for good old Google)

It was suggested going to the 'application' icon, choose Screensavers and there's a setting for the darned thing to play endlessly. Uncheck the box and vola! It stopped!

Frankly, I didn't check it in the first place. These 'machines' are taking over our lives!

But I'm happy it was figured out without spending a fortune on a 'computer expert'.

JB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones