Total newb to droid... Need help :(Support

Last Updated:

1. Angel0607

Angel0607 New Member This Topic's Starter

I bought a samsung moment last night from someone online. One issue I have is that there is no email set up icon.. there is one for gmail but no regular email. I also want some of the stock sprint things back like navigation.

Is there a way to go back to factory settings on both data and firmware? I tried taking the battery out and then the key combination but there is no option for wipe that comes up.

I come from blackberries and I am so used to updating and messing with them, but these droids seem to be a totally new language!

Advertisement
  2. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

3. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Or if you think you might want to play around with it, use the older update tool (or modify the current one) and flash this stock rom with root...

http://github.com/downloads/AMS-Services/AMS-Uploads-Development-Projects/SPH-M900_MR2_DE03_REL_1-forcsytos-recovery-3.0.8%20%282%29.tar

Then when you think you're ready to flash a custom rom all you'll have to do is put it on your sd card and flash it from the recovery console. If you just apply this rom and just use the phone it will act like a completely stock phone.

4. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator