• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help total vanilla reset!

hey guys, i want to get my G1 back to an out-of-the box software condition. right now i sloppily compiled a mess of different addons and such. im running 1.6 on a JF firmware and i dont like it, its super slow. i want it back to normal with the same firmware menu background, and i wanna recieve OTA updates again. im a dev phone at the moment and i had to manually download 1.6 and its buggy

hey guys, i want to get my G1 back to an out-of-the box software condition. right now i sloppily compiled a mess of different addons and such. im running 1.6 on a JF firmware and i dont like it, its super slow. i want it back to normal with the same firmware menu background, and i wanna recieve OTA updates again. im a dev phone at the moment and i had to manually download 1.6 and its buggy

Well, there is a guide in my signature ... but you will/may need to find alternate links for the files to UNroot... as some of my old links may not be available any longer ...

Upvote 0

Go here :HTC - Developer Center and download this : signed-dream_devphone_userdebug-ota-14721.zip (make sure its the recovery image) flash this to your dev phone and it will restore it to stock 1.6 bootloader and all...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones