touch calibration - a must!

1. frock

frock Member

Touch Sensitivity - Page 8 - xda-developers

I just performed this screen touch calibration and i am simply amazed at the difference!

Its very simple and was the last missing piece to my gtablet working near perfect. The link takes you to page 8 where it gives instructions on performing it on the built in sd card.

Wow! Thats all i can say.

Advertisement
    :
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

And it just involves an empty text file to do it? :confused:
  3. frock

frock Member

Yes its that simple. Once you reboot you can delete the text file or it will recalibrate every boot.
    traumahawk likes this.
  4. frock

frock Member

If you have a micro sd card installed you can just stick the file in the root of the card. I linked to page 8 that has a file to download. This file will will tell the tablet to look for the empty file on the internal card instead. Either way works perfect.
    traumahawk likes this.
  5. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

sweeet! i didn't think my screen was that far off, but this worked wonders. :D

here is a much easier way to do it if you have Astro:

1. open Astro and navigate to the root of your internal SDcard
    2. click "multi" in the toolbar, then click "zip"
    3. enter the name as Calibration.ini
    4. long press the .zip file you just created, click edit -> rename -> then delete ".zip" from the file name to make it "calibration.ini" instead of "calibration.ini.zip" and click ok.
    5. VEGAn users only, repeat this process (or copy and paste the .ini file) in the root of SDcard2
    6. exit astro and power down your g-tab
    7. turn it back on (DO NOT TOUCH SCREEN WHILE BOOTING)
    8. remove the calibration.ini files from both SD cards.

there will not be anything during the boot that will indicate that the fix has worked, but i noticed immediately upon using the screen. it is especially evident in text selection and when using multitouch.
    traumahawk and watersrules like this.
  6. frock

frock Member

Yeah i was having all kinds of problems then i found the fix at xda. Im still so excited it worked so well.
  7. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Would it really HURT to leave the files there and calibrate at every boot? :confused:
  8. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

It wont hurt unless you touch the screen when you're booting up the gtablet. If you touch the screen while your tab is calibrating the TS ... it'll mess up ur gtab calibration. So if you leave the ini file in there just make sure you don't touch the display.
    SolidOrange likes this.
  9. SolidOrange

beat me to it! :p
  10. xmr405o

11. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Tnt needs the file only in sdcard :)

Thins is, why is this not a standard setting feature? Then again, why is the reset switch sealed behind the case??
  12. watersrules

watersrules Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone, this is great!
  13. SolidOrange

I would guess it has something to do with the fact that you cannot touch the screen while booting if the calibration command is running. I chose to e-mail myself the .ini file to keep in my download folder so that I can just copy it over to the sdcard(s) when I want to use it. I know I would forget to keep my fingers off the screen when turning it on from time to time if it ran on every boot, lol.
  14. SolidOrange

just had to add, there is a much easier way to do this using only Astro! no computer or usb cable needed, check the edit in my previous post if you want to go that route.
  15. aaron19953

aaron19953 Well-Known Member

Aardvark1971, SolidOrange and xmr405o like this.
  16. xmr405o

17. aaron19953

aaron19953 Well-Known Member

All for my g tab skin followers! hehe

Speaking of sharing findings, i found this new mole on my left butt che.... err wrong forum.. haha
    xmr405o likes this.
  18. xmr405o

Lol. There's a forum for that?!?! Haha. And you're a member whaaaaaaaaaat??:eek::p
  19. calsnook

calsnook Active Member

The link won't come up, it goes to a blank page.

BTW I put on an anti-glare screen filter on the G. It does make a difference (I think)! It's an ipad genric Xtreme Mac 15$ at frys. Just need to cut one edge lengthwise.
  20. SolidOrange

try using the instructions i put in post #5 of this thread if you can't get the app. they are super easy.
  21. AlSam

AlSam New Member

I tried the calibration.ini file in internal and external SD to no avail. The screen is completely unresponsive and I cannot find a way to unlock the screen via keyboard/mouse so I can try to install the calibration apk using keyboard/mouse. Any ideas on what else to try? Thanks in advance.
  22. AlSam

AlSam New Member

Any ideas??? Anyone???