Touch Keyboard QuestionTips

Last Updated: 2011-06-21 00:09:37
  1. ChTidio

ChTidio Active Member

I was not crazy about the stock touch keyboard so I downloaded a few different (free) ones and tried them. I actually like the iPhone Keyboard emulation, because it ha a bit more separation between the keys and seems to help me hit more correct keys than the stock one. But, I miss the shifted letters on the keys.

I was wondering if anyone has tried any of the other available keyboards (free or not) and could suggest a better replacement.

Advertisement
  2. Swift Key Beta is a 2 week free trial, and it has Swype-like qualities. I trialled it on my Moment, and if I dislike the on-screen KB, I'll be paying the few dollars for Swift Key.
  3. momo5

momo5 Member

Try smart keyboard pro. There is a trial edition out there. It looks alot like the iphone keyboard, and for me personally its the best keyboard I have found.
  4. sajmonides

sajmonides Well-Known Member

I am a huge fun of SwiftKey ($1.99)
    I very rarely use physical keyboard ever since I download this app. It has very nice layout, and it learns your predictions extremely fast. The prediction system works a little different than any other keyboard and saves a lot of your time while texting. I often find myself typing out only 4-5 letters in a long 8-9 word sentence. Highly recommend
    ChTidio likes this.
  5. Avivator

Avivator Member

Swype or the standard HTC one. If you need more spacious keys try a free Gingerbread keyboard which has the ability to customize the key height (not sure if it will help) or Better Keyboard, which isn't bad. Hope that helps. :)
  6. toddpedersen

toddpedersen Well-Known Member

Well worth the $2 for a keyboard that offers you 3 choices of voice to text options for what you speak, in order to make sure you send what you really spoke. It also learns how you type so that it offers the next word that it thinks you want.

For instance, if you text regularly "I will be home soon" the next time you start typing "I will" for example, it will offer you "be" as your next word and if you select that, then "home" will be next etc.

Awesome program!