Touch not responsive when charging?Support

Last Updated:

1. SlidewayzS14

SlidewayzS14 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone having this problem when charging and using the phone? Just got mytouch everything else works perfect when not on the charger, then I plug the charger and touch doesn't respond.

Advertisement
  2. tamosaur

tamosaur Well-Known Member

for me the touch still responds but is less accurate and slower.

3. SlidewayzS14

Its not working for me =/

4. tamosaur

Are you using the charger that came with it?
    That's weird =\ .. when i use the charger that came with it, the touch is fine, not laggy.
    When I use the universal t-mobile charger purchased from the store, the touch is not as responsive.

5. SlidewayzS14

Im using a generic charger I'm at work so that's what I have at the moment. You think that's the problem? How would it be the charger?

6. SlidewayzS14

Whoa! Weird I plugged it to my charger in my car and it worked fine hmm...

7. mnemonikos82

mnemonikos82 New Member

I was having the same problem on mine (my google search brought me here) and after reading the posts I switched to the charger that came with it and my sensitivity problems went away. My first experience with my MT4G was with the old charger so I am very thankful to discover that the only thing I disliked about the phone was simply a problem with the charger.

As to how, if I had to guess I would say that its all about optimization. The stock charger provides power at a certain rate or level which is calibrated and optimized for the MT4G. The store bought one probably provides power at a generic rate which either provides too much power or too little to the phone.

Someone can correct me if Im wrong, I'm not an expert, but I believe when the phone is plugged in it is run off of the power from the outlet and not the battery. So if the phone is using the store bought charger its either not recieving enough power or too much. It's also possible that there is come optimized configuration on the charger so that the right amount of power is used to run the phone and charge the battery. The store bought one may just not fit that bill correctly.

Sorry for the long winded answer, just my thoughts on it. I appreciate the help from Tamosaur, really helped me out.

8. tamosaur

mnemonikos82- you're welcome =) I didn't really think about the power it's receiving but that's probably it. It was just something I noticed when I was testing out a charger I bought since this is my first android phone and I'm not used to having such short battery life. The features of the phone are worth the compromise though.

9. SlidewayzS14

Thanks for the input guys!

10. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Well-Known Member

i do not has this problem.

11. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Possibly grounding issues...? My Moment had this same issue and it annoyed the heck out of me. I also noticed this on a Droid and Droid 2 at the Verizon store