Touch Panel-Fail and bootloop

Last Updated:

1. fmatic

fmatic New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello!

Quite mystiq issue with my Hero. Never dropped my phone and always handle it with care. Suddenly couple a days ago with normal daily usage screen goes black. I think it was a normal crash and pull out battery for reboot. Device rebooted normally but when it comes to SIM Unlock screen there was only empty boxes without numbers so I again pull out battery and now phone stucks in Hero splash screen almost 10 minutes and reboots over and over again.

If I boot up with pressing down HOME and Power nothing happens...it just again HERO Splash and boot loop. When I press BACK and Power in FASTBOOT-menu there is TOUCH PANEL-fail.

I think my touch screen is broken or there is some other things totally messed up (???) but what confused me is why I cannot access recovery mode with HOME + Power. Anyway I reinstalled Stock ROM in Fastboot-mode but phone is still in bootloop.

Advertisement
  2. uau242

uau242 New Member

hi has anyone got a solution for this problem? i am having the same problem, just aoke up this morning and the phone was frozen. removed the battery and restarted, and it is now in a loop, reboots on with the G2 Touch T Mobile logo, then HERO about 10 mins later, then back to the G2 Touch...don't know what to do. Please Help

3. fritzel67

fritzel67 Well-Known Member

I also have this problem on a used Eris I just purchased. The primary failure here is the "TOUCH PANEL-fail". I was able to get past the looping by flashing a stock 1.5 rooted ROM, so now the phone will successfully boot to the slider lock/unlock screen (after an abnormally long delay which I believe is due to the hardware check and the touch panel fail issue). However the touch screen doesn't work at all.

In summary, I believe these phones have suffered some sort of internal hardware failure related to the touch screen. At this point, I believe our only possible remedy will be to try and get Verizon or HTC to replace or repair these phones under warranty.

4. Ze0

Ze0 New Member

Im having the similar issues as yourself fmatic. My Hero is stuck in a bootloop and has a touch panel fail. home+power does nothing apart from try and boot up normally which fails.

I sent mines in for repair and because it gets stuck in bootloop all repair centres class it as B.E.R (beyond economic repair)and have refused to fix it! thus not covered under manufacturers warranty.

has anyone had any luck fixing theirs?
    any updates from those who have posted before?