Touch Problems with Eris

Last Updated:

1. chncmdlck

chncmdlck Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I am running KaosFroyo v34 and every now and then my touch goes crazy. When typing on the keyboard, you press "a" for example, and it types "a,r,p,d" and games/anything else on the phone do the same thing. Scrolling = epic fail. I have reflashed the ROM, tried previous versions, and calibrated too. HELP!!!:):):)

Advertisement
  2. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Are you using the Droid X (multi-touch) keyboard? For me, having that installed and running totally messed up my touch screen. Every move was jerky, and it occasionally stopped responding to touch altogether. When I uninstall the Droid X keyboard and rebooted, it went back to normal.

If that's not it, perhaps try a different ROM to see if it's still happening? Maybe your touch screen actually has a physical problem.

chncmdlck likes this.
  3. chncmdlck

Thx! I'll try that. I'm also gonna try flashing the new Kaos and a different ROM to see if that works. :)

4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Another question would be - does this only happen when the phone is plugged in? If so it sounds like a problem with the USB port on the phone.

5. chncmdlck

ok, I didn't uninstall the keyboard. I just switched to the HTC_IME Mod and it works fine!!! Thanks for all the help it is greatly appreciated!!!:D:D:D