touch screen acting strange with headphoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. lmbgm

lmbgm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

May 2, 2010
    I've been using my phone for 2 weeks without issue.

Today I noticed a few times that when I turned on my home screen, I would see the one to the left and not the default center one. I figured that this was just due to me accidentally touching it.

However today I also decided to test out my headphones on this phone for the first time. As soon as I plugged in the head phones, the left most home screen. I pressed home and it would swipe back. I tried swiping back but it would keep going left. I unplugged the headphone and plugged it back in and the same thing would happen. I tried unplugging and turning the screen on and off then plugging back in and everything seemed to go back to normal.

Very strange. At first i thought maybe there was a spec of dirt on my optical sensor, but it seemed to be linked to my headphones but the problem just went away.

Anyone else have this happen?

Also, is it normal for there to be a one second (or so) delay before it detects the headphones are plugged in? Also, when I unplug the headphone, the music player automatically stops playing. is this normal?