Touch screen acting weirdSupport

Last Updated:

1. DroidRX

DroidRX Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone else having problems with the touch screen?

Sometimes when I try pressing on a link or a particular tab, my screen scrolls all the way down. It gets very annoying. It's like I have to be super duper careful when I press on something I want. Basically it seem like if the droid registers a tap but doesn't quite know where I'm pressing, it quickly scrolls down. WHY?? What an annoying bug.

Advertisement
  2. Nicks88

Nicks88 Well-Known Member

Is this happening while you are plugged into a charger that did not come with the phone?

3. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Well-Known Member

happens to me all the time.

4. Nicks88

Sounds like a defect. I have had no issues unless using my old BB charger. Then it gets all wacky.

5. clownshoos

clownshoos Member

That's happened to me as well. Actually, my Droid just failed!! First, the screen when black.. I could touch around and I think I launched Youtube because it sounded like I heard a video, but now it's just dead. I'm taking it back tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes.

6. eclipsed4utoo

I've only used the USB cable that came with my DROID. asked my brother...his does it too.

7. DroidRX

No, I've never used it while it's plugged in.

I use the micro usb cable that came with the storm and it's plugged into my media dock.

Wait so if you use your BB micro usb plugged into the droid charger it gets all whacky?

8. Nicks88

If I use it while charging with the charger that it came with, no issues. If I use it when I'm charging it with my old BB charger, then the touchscreen acts all crazy.

9. DroidRX

^ Ok I see what you mean now. No I don't use the old charger just the micro usb that I used for the computer (that came with the bb), I now use for the charger that came with the droid since they're exactly the same.

10. Nicks88

I can't explain it, no clue why. I am not a tech-type, probably just a rating on the cable/charger.

11. Watashi

Watashi Well-Known Member

The quick scroll to the bottom happens to me too, usually when I don't get a good contact with what I'm trying to tap (finger slips a little).

I also get a problem where I go to click a contact in my list and it clicks a contact 3 spots down from where I tapped. This gets annoying, but I can't replicate it enough to warrant an exchange.

12. eclipsed4utoo

but it has nothing to do with the charger. mine does it while I am NOT charging.

13. jsalimao

jsalimao Active Member

14. dw0095

dw0095 Well-Known Member

I have also noticed this uncontrolled scrolling. Not annoying enough for me to exchange it. I have also had a time when a very faint ringing sound was coming out droid while the screen was off. Like a classic digital ringing. Found that a reboot once a day cleans things up. Forget that this is a smartphone and not a cellphone.

15. Nicks88

I was sharing what happened with mine. If you have issues, take it back. Problem solved.

16. indolent

indolent Well-Known Member

This happens to me once in a while too.

17. CincinnatiDroid

CincinnatiDroid New Member

Ok, so others have said they have the whacky screen issue when they plug in a different charger. Mine does this as well (with a charger I bought with my phone). Why does this happen? Does it damage the phone? Needless to say, the charger is going back today.

18. N2o

N2o Active Member

I really wish the virtual keyboards supported multi touch. I hate having to slow down my ninja press skills for the UI to process... sigh.

I also charge with the blackberry storm charger and don't experience any weird issues, but sometimes when I click links the browser doesn't navigate. Thats pretty annoying.

19. eclipsed4utoo

who said anything about returning it?

20. eclipsed4utoo

it really has nothing to do with the charger. Mine does it and the only charger I have is the one that came in the box with the phone.

it is not a charger issue.

21. bamaredwingsfan

bamaredwingsfan Well-Known Member

Car home seems to pop up alot for me, mostly when i have my bluetooth connected:mad:

22. eNons3nse

eNons3nse Well-Known Member

Happens to me too sometimes. This is my 2nd droid too. Had to take the 1st one back because of crashing problems. I have a feeling that if this is happening to a lot of people they may have a fix for it with the OTA update that I was told was happening on the 11th.

23. himaginer

himaginer New Member

24. techknight

techknight New Member

This is happening to me, as well. I've tried to adjust the way I touch the screen to help reduce the number of occurances, but it almost seems random. Its pretty frustrating really. In fact, coming from an iPhone, the accuracy in touch input is the only thing keeping me from falling completely in love with it. Its a great device, but touch interfaces live and die by their accuracy. I'm hoping a software patch might resolve this issue.

25. mooshu47

mooshu47 Active Member

I've had that happen from day one (not very often, but when it does happen it's very annoying.) I always assumed the screen was incorrectly interpreting the tap as a swipe. Maybe if enough people complain it will be fixed in the future.