Touch Screen Broken and Verizon's SolutionSupport

Last Updated:

1. superflybribri

superflybribri Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 9, 2010
    Yesterday morning I was talking on my Motorola Droid when the call got dropped. As I went back to redial the same phone call I had troubles getting the touch screen to unlock. It wouldn't move at all. Seconds later after not getting a call back from me, my girlfriend calls back to my phone. Now as I try and swipe to answer the call nothing is happening. It won't let me do anything. The screen is fully lit and all of the buttons are lit it just won't swipe. So after trying to press any keys on the keyboard to try and answer the call, I just realize that it is not possible.

So the phone call passes and I realize that there is no way to unlock my phone without swiping it. So I hold down the power button and the menu comes up to shut down the phone. I can't use the touch feature so I navigate with the d-pad and shut it down. I then remove the battery and keep it out for a little bit and put it back in. Reboot the thing. It goes directly to the lock screen and I can't get out of it. A couple text messages come through and phone calls but no luck. So I decide that I am going to get ready and head over to Verizon Wireless store.

I get into my car. The bluetooth links up and I can now make and receive calls. Doing so also gets me past the lock screen but the keys on the front sliding face (home, back, search and menu) are not working though. All other keys on the phone including the keyboard are fully functional. Through this I am able to get into some messages but really can't look at much because there is no back or home on the keyboard.

So I walk into the Verizon Wireless store. Let them know about my issue. And they say that they can send a replacement phone and set me up to have it mailed to me by Wednesday. They did not charge me anything for this at all and I have no insurance on the phone. I was surprised about this but chose not to ask any questions because why argue about getting a replacement phone shipped for free.

I don't know what other kind of information that I might be able to provide in case this happens to anyone else but I can say that I have had the phone for 1 year and 1 month and haven't had a single problem before this. So I guess that Verizon wasn't too bad as this was a no haggle replacement for free.

Any questions or know the reason why it was so easy, just let me know.