Touch screen buttons occasionally stop working

Last Updated:

1. ukzen

ukzen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

May 1, 2010
    Sometimes the three touch screen tabs at the bottom of the screen ,just stop working ,i can move between home screens and all other touch screen icons work,but not the three at the bottom,then suddenly they will respond .
    Anyone else had this?,i have not installed any apps for a while so i dont think it is an app causing it.:confused:

2. julianb

julianb Active Member

May 11, 2010
    I am in the same boat, man. What's causing it (in my case at least) is that I often block the proximity sensor or the optical track pad with my other hand. Sometimes even that is not what's causing it. Go figure.
    Anyway it's not that often so it's not a major pain, but it's still annoying. I wonder if that is not just due to Sense UI or just Orange crappy software on top of 2.1 OS.
    You can try installing LauncherPro. Not that this solved my issues but at least now things go much smoother than before.

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

May 25, 2010
    This happened to my fiance's HTC Hero yesterday. I've been reading up on it. Often it has happened when people have flashed their roms. Others when it had been too warm from charging.

In either case, it had the USB connection involved.

Factory reset failed. Going to install a whole new ROM. If that fails, I believe it is a replacement Digitizer.

I dare say this could be the exact same thing. Its probably a hardware fault. If you have warranty, send it back.