touch screen calibrationSupport

Last Updated:

1. Napalm

Napalm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have looked all over, and done a few searches already, but that don't mean I'm not blind.

How do you/Can you calibrate the screen touch points on the DX? I seem to have to aim slightly lower left of every thing I want to hit. Sadly it seems to be getting worse or well, I'm blinder than I thought.

Advertisement
  2. dren

dren Well-Known Member

Yer blind!!! :p I'm just kidding lol I do searches on here all the time and never find what I'm looking for and then another member posts a link to me of my answered question in the thread. D'oh! lol

Anyways, you can't calibrate the screen. The screen is capacitive and cannot be calibrated. Have you tried restarting the phone? I had a similar issue and restarting did the trick for me (my phone had been running for weeks without a reboot)

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-support-troubleshooting/189858-anyway-calibrate-dx-screen.html

3. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Also, are you sure it's actually a problem with the screen? By nature, most people have to aim a little lower because of the way your fingers are shaped. Try doing a few test presses with your pinky, very carefully.

4. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

^ This, download "MultiTouch Visualizer 2" from the market to test your touch screen vs. your finger placement.

5. Napalm

Napalm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well by the same vien I would like to see just how far off I am. Either way.

Thank you that is going to help.

However I must say this, the whole its capacitive and cannot be calibrated is BS. It is a software math loop that takes interprets a change in capacitance in one area to a spot on the screen. There is a way to adjust the software encoding.

Meanwhile, side note, I would love to see a capacitive stylus made, for detailed work. I have rather large hands, main reason I have a DX instead of an Incredible.

With a stylus you could then have that writing to text feature the Palm-Pilots had. I mean android already does Gesture search and function. similar thing.

But I digress greatly.

6. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Let me google that for you

There are LOTS of capacitive stylus options.

Also, the reason fewer and fewer touchscreens have calibration utilities is because touchscreens are getting better, many auto calibrate, and they just generally do more harm than good because for every person who understands the implication and uses it appropriately, there are ten who are stumbling through settings menus and screw it up.