Touch screen calibrationGeneral

Last Updated:

1. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

does anyone know if there is a way to re-calibrate our touch screen? Mine seems a little innacurate with robo-defense lately :D

Advertisement
  2. greyhndz

greyhndz Well-Known Member

Did you try settings --> language & keyboard -> text input -> calibration tool?

3. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

I just did the calibration tool for the keyboard and it helped my typing accuracy a bit. For some reason, the bottom left corner of my screen is the most unresponsive. I have to tap the app a couple of times or press it really hard just for it to launch. This never happened on 1.5.

4. greyhndz

greyhndz Well-Known Member

It may sound strange, and I'm by no means a smartphone geek (;)) but, especially after calibration, I found that the harder I pressed, the less responsive the screen would be. When I used an extremely light touch (not even a tap), the responsiveness would be great.

Now, maybe someone who knows what they're doing will chime in. :D

5. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

The calibration just saves a pixel offset setting (like "2px left, 1px up"). If you're using a custom keyboard, you can sometimes change the pixel offset manually. It doesn't affect sensitivity AFAIK.

6. dreamer420

dreamer420 New Member

my eris is doing this as well. at home screen i cant press the phone button or the apps button on the bottom left. i also cant press the spacebar when typing, unless i turn the phone sideways.
    i bought it used, so i cant just swap it out can i? anyway to fix this, other than replacing the digitizer?