Touch Screen goes nuts after root/bloatware removal?

Last Updated:

1. indigo0086

indigo0086 New Member This Topic's Starter

I recently rooted my phone and removed some bloatware (all backed up btw) mainly the ones on the safe list in the thread posted about it here. I don't know if that is what is causing the following problem, but just to preface that if so.

I noticed it yesterday when I was trying to type something using swype, when I finished letting go the screen started to randomly tap and drag letters without me even touching it. I stopped had to turn the screen off/on to get it to stop. I also notice that if I hold the phone vertically and move it around a bit it starts to drag the home screens back and forth. Also when I am at the phone menu it's hard to tap the exact number I want. If I tap 5 say, it will randomly either tap 5 or 8. It's liek it's not calibrated.

So I go to the display to calibrate it and it kind of sort of alleviates some of the other issues, but I still have inaccurate touces. Is it a program I removed perhaps from htc that is necessary for the screen.

I'm thinking of unrooting and doing a stock RUU for evo, but I primarily want all the sprint garbage apps off, is it possible to remove all that through adb on an unrooted phone?

Advertisement
  2. Spirko

Spirko Member

I had that happen when connected to a 3rd-party wall charger. Could that have been the issue?

3. indigo0086

indigo0086 New Member This Topic's Starter

It happens while unplugged.

4. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

No, you can't removed them unless your rooted.

5. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

why not just try a different rom, or reflash the one you have and see if it cures the problem.