Touch screen is acting upGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jscott96

jscott96 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am on leak v3.

Lately my touch screen has not been responding towards the top and now when I touch on a certain area it selects a completely different spot!

Anybody else have this going on?

Advertisement
    adelieiam likes this.
  2. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

This happens with a lot of Eris's when plugged into a wall charger. The higher current chargers create an electromagnetic field at the battery which interrupts the capacitive touch screen.

Your touch screen works BECAUSE your finger has an electromagnetic field. You can't use a pencil eraser to touch the touchscreen on your phone, it won't work, for this reason.

3 or 4 out of 7 of my Eris's had this problem, even with the HTC wall charger. Just don't use it while plugged into the wall. Charge it at night, when you go to bed, and when you're not using it.

Others have experienced this same thing:

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/64043-eris-possessed.html?highlight=ghost

adelieiam likes this.
  3. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

:eek::eek::eek: Say what? :eek::eek::eek:

Holy smokes!!! All warranty swaps? Or are you just a klutz with your phone?

4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Mine started doing that (when not plugged in - I rarely use my phone when it's plugged in, we both 'recharge' that the same time - it's plugged in and I sleep), a couple of days later it developed a completely dead spot on the bottom row under the two left icons. I called Verizon and after the usual factory reset conversation they sent me out a new (refurb) phone.

5. jscott96

Yeah it happens constant and it now has a dead spot. I am going to call verizon tomorrow, is it going to be a problem that I am on leak v3?

6. jscott96

Verizon replaced my phone today, so far its working

7. adelieiam

adelieiam New Member

definitely, mine has been doing the same. Lately it's been pushing random buttons of it's own accord... it's possessed or something! It used to freak out when I touched the screen, but now it does this whenever it pleases-- sometimes I just have to turn the whole thing off, so it doesn't end up calling all of my contacts while I am trying to charge it over-night.
    I really don't get it.

For now, I'm just assuming that it's possessed.