• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touch screen issue - touch location accuracy gets messed up occasionally

mi_canuck

Android Expert
Jan 7, 2010
Super happy with the Nexus One... just minor issue is that on occasion - and not sure what triggers it - but the touch location seems to end being below where i actually touch on the screen, which of course causes erratic typing and erroneous screen clicks. A quick cycle of the sleep/power button (not turning unit off, just sleep/blank and back on...) seems to solve the problem.

Hopefully an update will resolve this issue, as it seems to be a software issue.

cheers

Reactions: gracejourney
Super happy with the Nexus One... just minor issue is that on occasion - and not sure what triggers it - but the touch location seems to end being below where i actually touch on the screen, which of course causes erratic typing and erroneous screen clicks. A quick cycle of the sleep/power button (not turning unit off, just sleep/blank and back on...) seems to solve the problem.

Hopefully an update will resolve this issue, as it seems to be a software issue.

cheers

There are a couple more threads on this here. I believe it has something to do with battery. I had this happening 3-4 times a day and I would restart phone to fix. I then 2 days ago removed battery for at least 2 minutes, I wiped contacts on battery with a towel and then placed it back in and not 1 problem since then.

Reactions: gracejourney
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones