Touch Screen IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. chamilo

chamilo New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there guys. My 2 weeks old HTC Magic had been experiencing some issues with the touch screen. Sometimes when I type, the screen will detect a different letter or it will simply fly all over the letters on keyboard. Aside from that when I am scrolling left, right, up or down it will also fly all over the place. It happens very randomly but sometimes even after I reboot the phone it is still there. Is it a phone firmware problem or there is something wrong with the touch screen?

Advertisement
  2. JackTheMan18

JackTheMan18 Well-Known Member

Have you tried to re-calibrate?
    Menu button, Settings, Locale & Text, Touch Input, Text Input, calibration Tool

3. chamilo

chamilo New Member This Topic's Starter

Yes I had tried re-calibrate but it doesn't work :( It seems to me it's more like a lag issue.

4. fuddbutter

fuddbutter Member

do you have giant fingers or any condition that would cause you to shake your finger around while pressing (eg: parkinsons)?

i kid i kid!

is the screen clean? oil and such can cause problems sometimes.

5. Thranemeister

Thranemeister New Member

I think know what you mean with lag.. I guess the cause of this is that the magic do
    not have multi-touch. That means that when you type too fast, two fingers will at some point touch the screen. The screen will act like a touch-pad on you pc and fly all over the place!

Hope I helped you out..

6. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

I have a similar problem with the keyboard - often the bottom row of keys aren't registered, psarticularly the space. I thought it may be a calibration issue so have tried to find the re-calibrate option above.....but I have Menu -> Settings -> Locale & Text. In there I have Select Locale, Android Keyboard and User Dictionary as my only options. Android keyboard doesn't have any calibration options, just settings like vibrate and sound on keypress.

Running HTC Magic on Vodafone UK, Firmware 1.6, Baseband Version 62.505.20.17U_2.2219.261, Kernel version 2.6.29-00479-g3c7df37 android-build@apa26 #19, Build number DRC92

Any ideas?

7. vicepoet

vicepoet New Member

I was same problem until to use a magnet over the screen. Leave it a magnet over the screen for 1-2 hours and see how to works.

Please share your similar problems and experience.

8. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

May I suggest you in the Locale and text settings you turn off the feedback - i.e Vibration and sound on keypress - to reduce the lag. If the issue is still there may I suggest you try an alternative keyboard from the android market. There are LOADS out there!

One i personally like is the "Big Buttons keyboard" -> Big Buttons Keyboard | AndroidApplications.com