• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touch Screen Issue

chamilo

Lurker
Oct 18, 2009
Hi there guys. My 2 weeks old HTC Magic had been experiencing some issues with the touch screen. Sometimes when I type, the screen will detect a different letter or it will simply fly all over the letters on keyboard. Aside from that when I am scrolling left, right, up or down it will also fly all over the place. It happens very randomly but sometimes even after I reboot the phone it is still there. Is it a phone firmware problem or there is something wrong with the touch screen?

Hi there guys. My 2 weeks old HTC Magic had been experiencing some issues with the touch screen. Sometimes when I type, the screen will detect a different letter or it will simply fly all over the letters on keyboard. Aside from that when I am scrolling left, right, up or down it will also fly all over the place. It happens very randomly but sometimes even after I reboot the phone it is still there. Is it a phone firmware problem or there is something wrong with the touch screen?

Have you tried to re-calibrate?
Menu button, Settings, Locale & Text, Touch Input, Text Input, calibration Tool

Upvote 0
Have you tried to re-calibrate?
Menu button, Settings, Locale & Text, Touch Input, Text Input, calibration Tool

I have a similar problem with the keyboard - often the bottom row of keys aren't registered, psarticularly the space. I thought it may be a calibration issue so have tried to find the re-calibrate option above.....but I have Menu -> Settings -> Locale & Text. In there I have Select Locale, Android Keyboard and User Dictionary as my only options. Android keyboard doesn't have any calibration options, just settings like vibrate and sound on keypress.

Running HTC Magic on Vodafone UK, Firmware 1.6, Baseband Version 62.505.20.17U_2.2219.261, Kernel version 2.6.29-00479-g3c7df37 android-build@apa26 #19, Build number DRC92

Any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones