Touch Screen issues on Droid IncredibleSupport

Last Updated:

1. whiskeymike42

whiskeymike42 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just sent my new Droid Incredible back because my touch screen became possessed on day 7 of ownership. It would go haywire just turning it on and would either not respond to touches or would randomly hit buttons.

I went to Verizon and without any questions just said they would send me a new phone.

They said they had not heard of this issue before but they decided to ship me a new one way to quickly.

Anyone know if this is an issue on the Droid Incredible

WM

Advertisement
  2. pkmn760

pkmn760 Well-Known Member

I read about someone applying their screen protector while the screen was on (ur supposed to leave it off for 2-12 hours) and it got messed up like u explained.

3. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

haven't seen any "naturally" occurring issues like this. The one that pkmn is speaking of was user error.

4. zamugustar

zamugustar Well-Known Member

I read it happens sometimes when something gets under the optical joystick, blow some air into it to clean it out and it usually stops.

5. neelmehta

neelmehta Well-Known Member

After doing a hard reset to get my vibration notifications to work, it started doing that. I wouldn't touch anything and things would get pressed. The most annoying was when I was entering text, the cursor would automatically move back a few letters. I did another hard reset and it seems to have fixed the problem.

6. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Well-Known Member

+1