touch screen issues: won't respondSupport

Last Updated: 2012-08-22 09:52:13
  1. randy218

randy218 Member

I just got a droid 2 from my girlfriend for Christmas and already am having issues. after a short while of using it the touch screen just stops responding to touch while the keyboard continues to work. the only way it starts responding to touch is by hitting the lock button, then unlocking again.
    Thoughts? opinions?
    thank you in advance and happy holidays

Advertisement
  2. hexon

hexon Well-Known Member

Is the screen still one while this happens or does it go black?
  3. randy218

randy218 Member

its still on. and i can continue using it, just through the keyboard. touch screen stops doing anything.
  4. hexon

hexon Well-Known Member

I'd try wiping the phone by doing a factory reset. Turn the phone on while holding down the x key on the keyboard. When the triangle thingy pops up hit the search key on the keyboard and used the volume buttons to go down and select the restore factory defaults (or whatever it's called) option. If that doesn't fix it I'd take it back for a brand new replacement.
  5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

We're seeing this issue resolved by some users who've discovered that it only occurs at times the battery is low.
  6. randy218

randy218 Member

i just fully charged and its actually worse. haha. I dont want to take it to verizon and receive a refurb for my day old phone. Is there a way to recieve a new replacement?
  7. hexon

hexon Well-Known Member

You will receive a brand new phone so long as it hasn't been 30 days since the purchase date. You could even switch to a different phone within that 30 days. Just make sure you don't send off any mail in rebates yet.
  8. mellow4tain

mellow4tain New Member

I have been having a similar problem with my lg optimus that is not returnable. Any other ideas?