• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Touch Screen Issues

CTS_AE

Dec 19, 2013
I have two major issues that have been happening all the time.
I'm wondering if anyone else has issues with their screen, or if I need to recall mine : \?

My phone will randomly think I'm hitting the option key, I'm not sure if its because my hand is hovering over it, or if the case is some how triggering it if that's even possible or if the screen just has an accuracy/bug problem which I believe to be true.

The other issue is that when I'm trying to swype type on any keyboard, I've tried many and also have this problem in some games, but it will think that i've lifted my finger when I haven't, and it will do it rapidly like twice in a row, it's really aggravating trying to type when that happens.

I think these issues also is why people have said "Holding the home button 'Sometimes' will bring up the recently ran program history"

Sometimes I thought holding the home button was more successful when I used a larger surface area such as my thumb, but then after trying that some I started to see a bad glitch where your clicking seemed to be offset by the width of your thumb (screwed up the calibration?), until it recalibrated which took a few seconds.

Does anyone else have these issues? I know I read a few things about people having issues with the home button, which I haven't had except for holding it down as I said doesn't seem to work in general with anything very well.

Maybe its my screen protector? But I swear I played around some with my phone before putting a screen protector on. Should I send in my phone for a replacement? Do others have this issue? Idk if its just crap screen hardware to start with, or if its some software bug?

It could be the screen protector, I had that issue with an invisible shield on my Acer tablet. I do have an issue with the three buttons on the bottom for navigation though. You just have to turn the screen off the on. I had the random button problem with the Evo 3d though. That's why I got this. If it's still in warranty I would probably get it replaced,because you'll regret it later if you don't.

Upvote 0
I am having touch screen issues too. It randomly touches on the screen. I dont have a problem with the touch buttons. I even went to the dev options and enabled touch markers to see where it happens.

It usually happens when I try and unlock the screen. I touch and hold the button, then somehow my finger touching the screen is overruled by this screen touching itself. It gets annoying. It goes away after a while though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones