Touch Screen Lag?Support

Last Updated:

1. icemanjs4

icemanjs4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok time for the next issue with this phone. Has anyone noticed a general lag between touch screen presses and actions/sounds?

The best examples are:
    1) I type fast, and keep the click sound when I type. I can literally hear about a 1/4 second to 1/2 second lag between when I press the buttons and when the sound clicks.
    2) Download any free piano or drum up and try to keep a steady beat. There's a nasty lag between when you tap the screen and when the sound comes out.

For comparison, the keyboard and piano app on my old iphone (3G no less), work perfectly. And my iPad is wonderfully smooth.

Is this a software issue, or a problem with my phone?

Musical Lite is a good sample program for free if anyone wants to try this out.

Advertisement
  2. icemanjs4

Bump... Does noone else notice any touch screen lag?

3. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

I tried that musical app for about 10 minutes using drums and piano and the sound came out as soon as I hit my screen everytime, as for typing I don't notice any lag but I use swype 99% of the time.

4. icemanjs4

Hmm - sounds like I'll need to go to a store with a demo unit and try the experiment side by side. I just suspect this is an android thing.

And it's not like it's a long lag, but it's just enough that if you don't just smash the piano keys but actually try to play a fast rif you'll notice it's wrong.

Drum beats are even worse if you try to do a drum roll around the toms :p

5. pablo.station

pablo.station Well-Known Member

I tried the app you suggested and I did notice a very tiny bit of lag. Then I tried other apps and games that displayed NO lag at all.

Im thinking its the app. If it worked fine on your 3g then the only thing I can think of is that when porting over the app, who ever adjusted the code for it to be used on Android didn't do a very good job?

just a guess...

6. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

take off the sound clicks from when you touch buttons and try it...

7. icemanjs4

Actually that's a good observation. Text seems to respond instantly. It's the sound that lags. On the piano, and even n the android keyboard.

So why is there a sound lag?