touch screen problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. Musclehead84

Musclehead84 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 16, 2009
    Ive had my moment for approx. 9 months now and I have taken very good care of it, never dropped it and ive had a case and screen protector on it the whole time and now i am losing my touchscreen. on the top right of the screen when you touch it it either doesnt do anything or it will think that i touched something on the left upper side. so you all know where im talking about when you pull down the notifications bar and you hit the clear button it doesnt work at all. is this phone just done or can it be fixed? anybody else have this problem? I just don't understand i took so good care of this phone!

2. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    This first thing to do is figure out whether is a software (driver) problem or if the hardware is actually going bad. You can relfash the official sprint 2.1 update and see if this resolves the problem (make sure to backup any important data before hand). If the problem persists on a fresh install (i would probably try 2 or 3 times to rule out a bad flash) then you problem is hardware and needs to be replaced. Depending on how handy you are with small electronics you can purchase replacement screens or bite the bullet and have a sprint tech do it.
  3. Instinct User

Instinct User Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    I'd just take it into your local Sprint repair center and have them fix it. Since it's less than a year old it will be covered under the manufacturer's warranty and be fixed for free. I had the same thing happen with my Instinct and the touch screen was replaced at a Sprint store at no cost.
  4. difinka2

difinka2 Active Member Contributor

Aug 13, 2011
    My incredible often doesn't respond to touch screen! I keep my screen clean. I'm reasonably certain my issue isn't due to my screen being dirty! Any help would be much appreciated!
    Thanks so much!