touch screen problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. ROBIN50N

ROBIN50N Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

well had the nexus for a few days and its now gone weird. i was scrolling in the market and it started jerking and selecting things diffrent from where am pressing, then just returns to home screen. anyone had that?

Advertisement
  2. bluehaze013

bluehaze013 Well-Known Member

I had this problem before LOL, It turned out it was because of the way I was holding the phone. Whenever I would go to scroll with my thumb my palm would touch another part of the screen at the same time and it would go crazy. I have since adjusted the way I hold the phone and haven't had any more problems.

3. ROBIN50N

thanks for reply. i supose it could be that, but its the way it went to home screen and stayed acting weird till i reset it.

4. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

I use the phone with two hands and have this issue occasionally.

Think it is more an OS bug that hopefully will be rectified by a future update.

5. dhevans

dhevans Well-Known Member

There are a lot of people posting this issue on the google forums. For some it's a case of holding the phone so that other fingers are inadvertently pressing keys, but some it isn't and they are awaiting a fix from google.. Or the phone will have to be returned under the warranty..

6. ROBIN50N

god i hope i dont have to send it back, am in the uk itd cost a fair bit.

7. dhevans

dhevans Well-Known Member

You would be sending it to Milton Keynes - I contacted the HTC UK website to ask (and I don't have a Nexus... lol) - that's where their UK service centre is based.

But looking on google, the software reset only may make it go away for a short period of time. I'd be interested to hear if it comes back...