Touch screen sensitivity sometimes drops very low?

1. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member

Sometimes the touchscreen is just fine, but other times it falls in sensitivity. I find myself have to press down hard on the screen in order for it to recognize the touch. This has been the case both with or without a screen protector.

Anyone else experience this? Can this be improved in any way by the future 2.1 update?

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I find this happens only if I hold my phone flat.
  3. DanielWalker

DanielWalker Well-Known Member

I don't know about pressing harder, but sometimes I find that when unlocking or pulling down the notifications bar that I have to go over it and do it one or two extra times. It's usually right after waking it up or if my hands are cold.
  4. Snagglepuss

Snagglepuss Member

+1
  5. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

The phone has a capacitive reactive screen and responds to the conductance of the skin touching it, there are some situations which will effect this. Cold hands/skin which is usually DRIER may present a problem. Also, anything that may get onto skin possibly could interfere with this performance. I had my hands covered with gypsum dust (sheetrock) lol, while doing a home project and the screen wouldn't respond at all, lol. Also, I have experienced the cold issue too and all I could figure was the dryness, I kept on hand in my pocket (warm) and that hand worked the screen fine.

Lol, just my thoughts...

:ccol:
  6. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

7. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

I find that if you're not touching the sides of the phone (essentially grounding it), that responsiveness drops considerably.
  8. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member

For me it likes if I use the fingerprint area instead of the ends of the fingers.
  9. cooolone2

Hmmmm... I have the silicone rubber case and as such I am never touching the sides, lol... It works ok. hehe...
  10. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

well, maybe it's that it's laying flat then :p
  11. cooolone2

Come to think about it now, when I got no response, my phone was laying flat as well. Hmmmm... interesting, lol, now I will experiment with it... hehe...

Anyone else having this issue? It's not a constant thing, I only experienced it like 2 times.
  12. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Mine does not respond well if it's laying flat as well. Never been sure why, but it's no big deal (for me).
  13. tazcollins

tazcollins Well-Known Member

Have you ever noticed that he naked phone was not deisgend to lay flat. The speaker shield will prop it up at a slight angle. Hmmm? TC
  14. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Are you refering to the camera lens shield?
  15. rgss06

rgss06 Active Member

If it continues to be a problem you can go to settings,sound+display and try to re-calibrate it.