Touch screen sound issue? Any way of changing the volume?

Last Updated:

1. Kataclysmic

Kataclysmic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello. First post here. I've tried searching for this issue but have come up with nothing, so if it's been posted, please point me in the right direction.

I've had my Hero since January (Sprint) and this only came up in the last couple of days. About a week ago (05/28/10) my Hero froze and Sprint issued me a new phone which they updated to 2.1. On Thursday (06/03/10) I noticed the sound when I use my touch screen is much louder than it used to be. I'm almost positive the new phone wasn't quite this loud when I first got it. The sound I'm talking about is not the 'tone' sound as I've disabled that, but the 'ticking' sound when you launch an app or shortcut. Does this make sense? Does anybody know what I'm talking about? Is there a way to make this sound quieter? I'd rather not disable it completely as I like a little bit of feedback that a button has been hit.

Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Menu>Settings>Sound and Display

Turn your media volume down.

To disable the sound unclick "audible selection"

Kataclysmic likes this.
  3. Kataclysmic

Kataclysmic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oh, awesome. I had no idea that was part of the media volume control. Thanks!!!

I'm going to have to remember this. Some of my apps (games mostly) I have to turn the media volume all the way up because they are so quiet and others I have to turn way down because they are so loud. Now I'm going to have to go back in and reset the media volume after every time I adjust it in an app. Hmmm, I may have to contact HTC to see if there's something they can do about this or possibly fix in an upgrade in the future.

4. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member

Or download volume control from revosolutionary from market. Make shortcut to program thwn it on click away from ALL your volumes in one place.